Tuesday, February 27, 2007

LONDON: How it all began ...



It all goes back to the beginning of November. I left for work a half an hour earlier than normal. I was at the light directly in front of my building. Two more minutes and I would be out of my car and on my way into work. I was flipping through the radio stations and I hear them talking about a London trip. I then hear, "Sara of McLean has 60 seconds to call in to win her free trip to London." I couldn't believe what I heard-I knew Sara -she was my good friend. Really~how many Sara are there in the world?  A lot, I know, but this Sara has a very unique last name - so I knew it was her!
So I called her up and relayed the message, she quickly hung up and not even 20 seconds later her voice was on the radio. It was the weirdest thing I have ever heard. The radio station people were giving her a hard time for confessing to not hearing them call her name. She, of course, redeemed herself when she could tell them everything that was discussed earlier in the show. You see, Sara had also left for work earlier than normal that day, so she wasn't in her car at the usual "radio listening" time.
By this time I am in the parking garage in my building, just sitting there, listening to the radio--listening to Sara on the radio. The radio people ask her who she is going to take with her on her trip and I hear her say over the radio, "I think I will take my friend Tiana who called and told me to call in." I was shocked! No way! This does not happen to anyone I know.
But ... it is true and I am counting myself lucky ... a "Trip of a Lifetime." Flying first class, staying in two 5 star Marriott hotels. Life is Good.


1 comment:

A. Simpson said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Keep it up! It's fun! Love ya and miss ya like mad!